How To Clear Your Cache
If you're a frequent internet user, you've probably at least heard or read the word "cache" (pronounced /kaSH/) in reference to your browser. Cache is a hardware or software component that saves data from webpages that you've visited so that future requests for that data (or visits to the same webpage) can be loaded faster.
Why should I clear it?
Though it sounds as if having cache is a good thing, copious amounts of cache can actually slow down your browser and leave it less secure, bogged down by unnecessary text, images, and other media on the web pages you've visited.
Additionally, you may want to clear your cache for the following reasons:
- it forces your browser to retrieve the newest copy available on your webpages (though this should happen automatically, it doesn't always with overflowing
- if you're experiencing 404, 502, or other errors
- frees up space on your hard drive
Clearing Your Cache
Instructions on clearing your cache largely depends on which browser you use. Normally, the option to clear your cache is located in the same place you can clear your history. For your convenience, we've included instructions on clearing cache in four major browsers.
In the settings menu under "Advanced Settings," click on "Clear browsing data" check "Cached images and files." Hit "Clear Data."
In the settings menu, click on "Clear browsing data." Check "Cached data and files" and hit "Clear browsing data."
In the options menu, click on "History" and then on "Clear recent history." Click the "Details" drop-down menu to ensure that "Cache" is checked. Hit "Clear Now."
In the develop menu, click "Develop." Then click "Empty Caches."
If you are accessing Chrome, Explorer, or Firefox on a PC, you can use the keyboard shortcut Ctrl+Shift+Delete. If you are accessing Safari or any other browser on a Mac, you can use the keyboard shortcut Option+Command+E. These shortcuts will bring you straight to the clear cache option on all respective browsers.
Tech speak a little too above your head? No problem. We're here to help!
- It's Time for a Website Redesign
- Successful Sites: Homepage Edition
- Top SEO Basics for Your Website Blog
- 3 Signs Your Website Might Need an Overhaul
- 5 Reasons to Hire Us
- How To Clear Your Cache
- What You Need to Know About SSL Certificates
- Local SEO and Why You Need It
- What Social Media Marketing Can Do For Your Brand
- Is Print Advertising Still Relevant in a Digital World?
- adobe (4)
- App Design (4)
- attorney websites (5)
- audience analysis (3)
- blogging (15)
- browser history (1)
- business catalyst (8)
- cache (1)
- choosing a domain name (8)
- design services (59)
- develop mobile site (19)
- domain name ideas (6)
- Facebook (11)
- Google (15)
- House of Cards (1)
- how to pick a domain name (6)
- HTML (15)
- Marketing (73)
- Marketing in Lafayette, LA (29)
- membership website (1)
- microsite design (7)
- mobile app design (4)
- mobile app development (3)
- mobile website (21)
- Oil & Gas Websites (28)
- Page Layouts (25)
- rebrand (2)
- search engine optimization (23)
- search engines (18)
- selecting a domain name (8)
- social media (11)
- social media for businesses (9)
- SSL (1)
- SSL certificate (1)
- Tricky CSS (1)
- update website (69)
- website address ideas (6)
- website copywriting (39)
- website design (77)
- website development (81)